Columbus McKinnon Corporation Limited attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data. We process the personal data that we collect in the context of a visit to our website and our social media pages, and, where applicable, through our customer service department in connection with this website, in accordance with the rules and regulations in effect in the country in which our company responsible for processing your personal data is located.
1. Contact address
Columbus McKinnon Corporation Limited
Unit 1A Ferguson Centre
57-59 Manse Road
[gdpr_preferences text="Data security control center"]
Contact address for the European Union:
STAHL CraneSystems GmbH
Daimlerstr. 6 | 74653 Künzelsau | Germany
2. Collection of personal data
Personal data collected through our website
When you visit our website, our web servers, as a standard feature, store the IP address and the domain from which access is obtained, the date and time of the visit, which of our websites you visit, and technical information on the visit (http method, http version, http status code, length of the transmitted data, browser used).
If you log on to our website as a user, we also store the user ID needed to log on. When visiting our web applications (e.g. CAD & go application programs), we may also store the information required to use this application effectively (language, session ID, configurator step, selected data within the configurator).
We may also collect personal data such as name, contact details and communication data, contract particularities, contacts and voluntary statements if you make this data available to us at your own initiative, for example within the framework of a registration, a survey or a sales promotion competition, the fulfillment of a contract or if you contact our customer support services.
Individuals located in the European Union
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Data Protection Policy which applies to our collection of personal data of individuals located in the European Union. Individuals located in the European Union should go to https://columbusmckinnon.com/en-us/data-protection-policy/ to review our Data Protection Policy.
Personal data collected from our social media pages
When you visit and interact with our social media pages on third party websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube), we will collect personal data about you. We may collect personal data such as your name, user IDs, gender, photographs, content you publish on our social media pages and other information that you choose to make publicly available on social media.
If you click on the plug-ins available on our website, you will be redirected to our social media pages on third party websites.
3. Purpose limitation and disclosure of personal data
Your personal data will only be used for the purpose for which you have disclosed it to us or for compatible purposes.
We use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services.
- for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
- respond to your inquiries and requests for information;
- maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example, to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes and as required by applicable law (e.g., tax law, product safety law);
- on the basis of your consent, for example, we may use certain kinds of cookies and to send you via email and other electronic means personalized promotions and special offers or informing you about our products, services, events, or other promotional purposes; and
To the extent that our collection of your personal information is based on consent, please note that you can withdraw your consent with effects for the future, at any time. If we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you may have a right to oppose such processing with effects for the future. If you want to withdraw consent or express opposition, please contact us at the address mentioned above.
4. Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data for the purposes mentioned above.
Personal data will be passed on to our affiliates within our corporate group (CMCO). Such data will only be passed on to government/state institutions and authorities within the framework of mandatory national legal provisions.
We may also share personal data with service providers in connection with the operation of this website and our company, including website hosting, the provision of our services, and promotional material distribution. Our employees have been bound by us to maintain secrecy and to protect personal data entrusted to us.
We may share personal data with other third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger, or divestiture of our company and affiliated companies.
Where we share your personal data within our corporate group or with service providers, we will put in place contractual safeguards to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
5. Children’s Privacy and California Privacy Rights
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at:
Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Attn: Legal Department
205 Crosspoint Parkway
Getzville, New York 14068
We take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify any personal data where:
- we no longer need the personal data for any of the purposes for which the personal data was
collected or for a related purpose; and
- we are not required by law, a regulator or a court/tribunal order, to retain the personal data.
7. Data safety
CMCO uses technical and organizational security measures to protect your data so as to prevent accidental or deliberate tampering, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures, such as for example data encryption, are regularly adapted and improved in line with technological developments. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal data, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8. Links to websites of other providers
9. Google Maps
To make travel easier, we offer you the use of Google Maps to display maps and create directions. Google Maps is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. These pages will be marked accordingly. The terms of service for Google Maps can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/help/terms_maps.html.
10. Automated data collection
Cookies are small text files that your Internet browser files and stores on your computer. Cookies do not damage your computer and do not contain any viruses. We use these cookies to render our offer more user-friendly, effective and safe.
We use different kinds of cookies on our website:
- cookies that are essential to the operation of this website and which enable services you have specifically asked for to be provided. These types of cookies provide, for example, the necessary security your visit to our website requires and help ensure the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide services that you have asked for.
- cookies that collect information about how visitors use our website, for example, which of our pages our visitors go to most often and if visitors get error messages on those pages. We use this information to improve how our website works.
- cookies that allow our website to remember choices you make, such as, remembering your language and the information you provided in our contact form. The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you do not have to reset your preferences each time you visit us.
- cookies that track your browsing habits so that we can show you advertising which we hope is relevant to your interests. These advertising cookies use information about your web browsing activity to group you with other users who have similar interests and show you advertisements based upon those interests. Information about your browsing habits is passed by us to third party advertisers so that you are shown more tailored advertisements. These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Below we briefly identify the cookies we use:
We use Google AdWords re-marketing technology offered by Google LLC. to market our products and services throughout the Internet. We place a cookie on your browser, and Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad about our products and services on third-party websites, after you have visited our website.
You may object to this at any time by following the instructions provided on this website.
As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on the link below to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data from this website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be placed on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click this link again. Deactivate Google Analytics
We may use other industry standard technologies like tags to track your use of our website. Tags are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our website that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages, the tags generate a notice of that action and transmits us personal data about your use of our website. Tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance.
We may also use tags provided by our marketing partners for the purposes mentioned above. These tags may transmit certain personal data about you to our marketing partners (as further explained below). We will only activate these tags if you consent to this in the cookie banner.
We manage the tags using an interface offered by Google LLC: Google Tag Manager. The tool causes other tags to be activated that may prompt the collection of personal data about you.
You are able to control whether and how the cookies and tags collect personal data about you by opting-in or opting out through the cookie banner we present to you when you first access the website or by going to your web browser’s settings (as explained below).
Some of the plug-ins (“Like” button) from Facebook are integrated on our website (Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA). When you visit the respective page on our website, Facebook will be informed of which of our Internet pages you visited with your IP address. If you are logged into Facebook as a member, this is assigned to your personal Facebook user account. When using the plug-in functions (e.g. clicking the “Like” button, posting a comment), this information is also assigned to your Facebook account, which you can prevent by logging out before using the plug-in.
“Do Not Track” Technology – Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Opt out – You may be able to reject cookies tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many common browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
11. Registration MarketingPortal plus Stahl CraneSystems
When you register to use our personalised services, we ask for some personal data such as name, address, contact and communication details such as telephone number and e-mail address. If you have registered with us, you can access content and services that we only offer to registered users. Registered users are also able at any time to change or delete data they provided on registration.
We will of course also inform you at any time of the personal data we have stored on you. We will gladly also rectify or delete this data on your request should statutory retention requirements not disallow this. To contact us in this regard, please use marketing.scs(at)stahlcranes.com.